We told my parents this weekend. They came into town so that we could go to the new IKEA store in West Chester. It was sort of a last minute visit but I wanted to tell them in a cute way so I had to act fast. I had purchased a packet of onesies and was going to do an iron on decal but there was really no time for that. So instead, I got out my handy Sharpie and wrote on the onesies instead (basically, the baby will never be able to wear them due to the Sharpie stench). Anyway, on my dad’s I wrote: “I ♥ my Grandpa” and on my mom’s I wrote: “My Grandma went to Ireland and all I got was this onesie!” This was a bit of a joke between my mom and I since we had been discussing going to Ireland within the next year. So since I won’t be making that trip, I thought it was a funny way to put a spin on it. I wrapped up the onesies and after our shopping excursion and a late lunch, we returned to our house. I was so nervous and I don’t really know why! My mom and I were sitting outside and I just keep getting up and going inside and pacing. Finally, Addison and I were able to get my dad outside too and we gave them the gifts. They opened them at the same time and were so happy for us. My mom's first words were "I knew it!" and she started crying a bit and I think dad had tears in his eyes as well. My dad just kept saying how fun it would be. I called my sister and brother and told them the good news. My sister’s first response was “I have to sit down” followed by a “How did this happen??”. And my brother’s response was to yell to his wife that I was "knocked up". So hilarious. We all like to give each other a hard time but of course, they are very happy for us.
I'm thrilled that we starting spreading our good news...makes it much more real!

My mom saying "I knew it!"

The happy soon-to-be grandparents!
No comments:
Post a Comment