Our first real visit to the doctor. I was a little nervous because I didn’t know what to expect. So I had Addison pick up a notebook from Kroger and I wrote all of my questions down in the hopes I wouldn’t forget anything. I had a pretty long list of questions by appointment time…mostly dealing with what I could and could not take (meds) and what I could and could not eat.
Of course they took more blood. I had started drinking A LOT of water the day before in the hopes that it would help them find my veins a little easier. It must have worked because they were actually able to draw blood from my arm this time. Whew whoo! We went through a series of medical history questions and then it was time for the exam. Nothing abnormal here, it was pretty typical of my yearly visits to the doctor. The biggest shock of the appointment was when the Dr. announced that I was a little further along (between six and seven weeks) and that he had set my due date to January 1, 2009…that’s right, New Year’s Day! I looked over at Addison and we both started laughing. Then I looked at the Dr. who was peering over his glasses and looking at me with a look of slight amusement on his face. (I later realized that this meant he would be required to work on a holiday but I’m pretty sure he’s used to that by now!)
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment