So going back to work wasn't very fun. My mom tried to put it into perspective for me...I'm doing it for her...so that she can have her hip surgery should she need it. And Addison added to that...we want her to be able to go to college, travel with her and give her what she needs. I kept all of this in mind as I drug myself out of bed, got ready and forced myself out the door.
I was lucky enough to get out the door while Lillian was still asleep so I didn't have to see her when I left (although I did sneak in and give her a little kiss before leaving.) I will admit, I cried a few times...as I left, as I was driving downtown, as I pulled up to work, as I walked into the building...you get the idea. Things got a little easier as the day went on. I enjoyed the adult conversation and I visited this blog to look at pictures of her and watch the video. It helped I think. I only called home once and was relieved to hear that she had taken a bottle (she had been refusing to lately.) A friend of ours, Kristen, is watching Lillian in our house. It's a great arrangement for us. She brings her one and a half year old son with her and I think Lillian really gets a kick out of watching him. It's cute.
The night before I went back to work, Lillian slept through the night for the first time! How strange is that?? I didn't sleep well but I'm glad to know that she is capable of sleeping through the night. We didn't have a repeat performance last night but I didn't really expect to with all of the changes that occurred yesterday.
I was working from home today and I heard Addison and Lillian playing in the basement so I decided to take my lunch break. I went downstairs where Addison was showing Lillian how to roll. She was really enjoying it. She was laying on her stomach and all of a sudden she threw her arm and leg over and rolled on her own! I was happy that both Addison and I were here to see it. I'm fortunate to be able to work from home two days a week.
It's so wonderful to see and hear Addison and Lillian together. He sings songs to her that he makes up. It started out with the "I ain't got no pants on" song and now he has a "good morning" song that he sings to her. It literally melts my heart! I don't think there is anything like seeing a dad with his daughter. I love them both so much!!
We're going to try to get a video of her rolling over. Stay tuned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment