Tuesday, December 9, 2008

May have a chunker on our hands

Had an ultrasound this morning and the baby is no longer breech. Head was down and to the right so that is good news! The Dr. who read the ultrasound said the baby was measuring big (weight wise) for how far along I am. They estimate the baby weighs 7 lbs. 2 oz. right now which puts it in the 88th percentile. As I understand it, this means that 88% of babies at this stage weigh less than what small fry weighs. The limbs, heart and head all measured on track but the belly measured large. The Dr. said this is where babies gain their weight. These are all estimates and he said it can fluctuate up to a pound either way...let's hope it's not an additional pound! I will talk with my Dr. when I see him again on Thursday to see what this all means (if anything.)

The heartbeat was 153 beats/minute. Didn't get a very good face shot, small fry likes to hide his or her face during the ultrasounds. I did see a hand in front of its mouth at one point...kind of in a fist. It was cute.

I no longer have a bellybutton...and that's all I'm going to say about that.

No comments:

DJ Lil spinning the tracks


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

In honor...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones