We had a fun trip on our vacation to Michigan. I did a lot of reading and resting and Addison did a lot of fishing. One highlight was meeting Stephanie from the Dominican Republic. She is five years old and is temporarily living with our neighbors from the lake. She came to the US to have surgery on her legs which weren't developing properly. Stephanie immediately took to Addison...she just lit up anytime he was around. She didn't speak a lot of English but somehow, she and Addison came up with a "happy dance". So every time she saw him, she would yell "happy dance" and he would dance around for her. She just laughed and laughed! I was sitting with her on the dock at one point and out of no where she said "it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood". I contained my chuckle and agreed with her. It was priceless.
I also celebrated my 32nd birthday while on vacation...I'm 32??!!
Here are some pics from our trip:
Addison caught two fish at once!
Stephanie and Addison fishing. She loved catching them but even more, she loved letting them go!










2 comments:
Happy B-day!
I voted for a girl before I read this piece, now I'm convinced it must be a girl!
Hey Addison,
Did you buy those two fish in the picture from Kay Bea's store on the corner on Pentecost.
Rayan F. Coutinho
Post a Comment