Just a quick update, I will post more when I have a little more time.
I am happy to say that the Dr. feels that Lily's surgery was a success! We were so happy to hear that news. We have to see how the next three months progress before we know if this will be the only procedure she requires but we are remaining positive and hopeful.
Lillian is such a brave little girl. And so strong. The first night was rough for her, there is pain associated with any surgery but on top of that, she was experiencing muscle spasms. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to experience. Seeing her in pain like that was more than heartbreaking, it shook me to my very core. But I won't dwell on that...we got through it.
She is getting back to herself...smiling more and more, talking and playing. It's wonderful to see because as a parent, I worried that all of this would somehow break her spirit. But not our little Lil!!
She has a pink cast from right below her nipple line all the way to her toes. There is a cut out for her belly to make eating more comfortable and a cut out for her diapers. We are calling it the diva cast.
I love Lil so very much, more than I could ever imagine. I also love my husband more than ever for being a calming voice of reason in a miserable situation. And my mom for showing me strength when being strong was nearly impossible.
More later, I've got to find some new ways to keep my little diva entertained!
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment