Monday, November 3, 2008

Childbirth class and cake

Addison and I spent all day Saturday in a childbirth class offered through the hospital where we'll deliver. It was interesting to find out that we were the only couple out of nine couples that chose not to find out the gender of our baby.

Overall, the class was informative and I'm glad we attended. I especially appreciated learning about some of the techniques that can be helpful in getting through labor. We practiced some of the breathing techniques and were told to continue practicing at home. I wonder if I will actually remember them when it comes time? I'm counting on Addison to remember and coach me through. My favorite part was when the dads were instructed to give the moms back massages as a relaxation technique. The instructor made them do so for five minutes or so. Heaven!

I won't lie, both Addison and I were scared when we left that class although it took a while for each of us to admit it to each other. The whole labor and delivery process can last a lot longer than I ever imagined (I guess I thought it was a quick process??) And the fear of the unknown is just overwhelming. So what was our solution? We baked a cake. That's right, a chocolate cake with vanilla icing. It was lopsided and I ran a little low on icing but that didn't really matter because it was comforting!

1 comment:

Sheards said...

You guys are so cute!! Miss you both and I can't wait to meet your little addition and your pup too. :)

DJ Lil spinning the tracks


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

In honor...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones