Saturday was a fantastic day for small fry and I. Our wonderful family friend Sarah (who I have known for more than 25 years and is more like a family member to me) and my beautiful sister Teresa hosted a baby shower for me. I couldn't have asked for a more special day. Even the weather was great: sunny and in the low 60s (perfect temp for me since I seem to be a one-woman walking space heater these days!)
The shower was held at Kona Bistro in Oakley...a fun atmosphere and the food was delicious as usual. The decorations were really beautiful and thoughtful, I could just tell that everyone put a lot of time, effort, care and love into planning everything. My sister-in-law Shannon and my mom helped with the details which made it even more special. Everyone at the shower, and even some who couldn't be there, were so very generous. Small fry is spoiled already! I just can't thank everyone enough.
My dad, brother and Addison spent the afternoon chumming around and having fun. The fun was put on hold when they were on their way to help us load up the cars and ran out of gas on I-71. I guess my brother's gas gauge doesn't work (and he was at home napping) so my poor dad and Addison had to push the jeep off the interstate. Luckily, they were fairly close to a gas station! Funny in hindsight but probably not so funny in the moment. Needless to say, the girls stepped up and loaded the cars without the men.
Addison and I feel so lucky and blessed to be surrounded by such love and support. We are so glad small fry will experience the same.
The shower was held at Kona Bistro in Oakley...a fun atmosphere and the food was delicious as usual. The decorations were really beautiful and thoughtful, I could just tell that everyone put a lot of time, effort, care and love into planning everything. My sister-in-law Shannon and my mom helped with the details which made it even more special. Everyone at the shower, and even some who couldn't be there, were so very generous. Small fry is spoiled already! I just can't thank everyone enough.
My dad, brother and Addison spent the afternoon chumming around and having fun. The fun was put on hold when they were on their way to help us load up the cars and ran out of gas on I-71. I guess my brother's gas gauge doesn't work (and he was at home napping) so my poor dad and Addison had to push the jeep off the interstate. Luckily, they were fairly close to a gas station! Funny in hindsight but probably not so funny in the moment. Needless to say, the girls stepped up and loaded the cars without the men.
Addison and I feel so lucky and blessed to be surrounded by such love and support. We are so glad small fry will experience the same.

The cute favors (which came in blue and pink to stay gender neutral) had popcorn from Indiana in them...just popped (get it?!)

Lovely flowers and gifts. The little flower containers were from when I was born!

Verrrry yummy cupcakes...again the gender neutralness is appreciated!
A gift from Addison's parents...his childhood rocker. Adorable.
A couple of cute outfits...I Love Mommy and I Love Daddy.
My sister, me and my friend Mandy
The lovely ladies that made this special day possible...Shannon, Barbara (my mom), me, Teresa (my sis) and Sarah. Love you all very much!
The hubby, me and the buffalo.










2 comments:
Awh! You look so cute! What a fun shower! :)
Thanks! It was a great time!
Post a Comment