Monday, October 6, 2008

It's kind of like drinking a Sunkist

This morning, I went through the testing for gestational diabetes. I had been warned about the dreaded orange drink I would have to ingest so I really wasn't looking forward to it. I had to drink it one hour prior to my appointment so right on the dot, I slugged it down. It was like drinking a Sunkist orange soda...times 100. It was pretty darn sweet so I did my best to get it down in two gulps. Of course immediately after, I realized I hadn't eaten breakfast and was forbidden from eating or drinking anything after consuming the orange beast. I was feeling a little shaky. It didn't help that I was on my own since the Dr.'s office had to reschedule my appointment and Addison had to work this morning.

They were able to draw my blood with only one missed vein attempt...a record for me! We will know the results by tomorrow. My blood pressure remains in the normal range and I've gained another 4.5 pounds for a total of 14 pounds so far. Honestly, I was shocked it wasn't more since I've been eating non-stop...mostly carbs by the way. (Although I'm still getting my fruits and veggies in!)

The Dr. did a tummy check and listened for the heartbeat. It was strong at 152 beats per minute. I've been having pains in my lower abdomen through my inner thighs for about 1.5 weeks now. It's not constant but when it hits, it's painful! So I asked my Dr. about it and he said as the baby moves, it is putting pressure on a nerve in that area. And unfortunately, there isn't anything that can be done about it. So I would like to thank you small fry...for this additional, painful pregnancy symptom. Although I guess if you are comfortable, that is all that really matters to me.

The orange beast before

The orange beast after

No comments:

DJ Lil spinning the tracks


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

In honor...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones