Tuesday, October 14, 2008

No diabetes and we're in the home stretch

My doctor called this morning to say that I had passed my glucose test which means no gestational diabetes for me! I somehow missed the call and when I heard the message was from my doctor himself, I started to cry. I thought for sure he was calling to tell me I had failed. So I got out a piece of paper and pen to take notes on what I would have to do next and called him back. Imagine my relief when he said I passed! I was so happy...all I could say was "that's great." He said "yes, now you can put that behind you." Whew whoo!

Today is the beginning of week 28 and I'm officially in my third trimester. I will start seeing the doctor once every three weeks now. Also, I have an ultrasound coming up in early November. They will check on everything but are mostly interested in the placement of my placenta. This will determine the manner in which small fry is born (natural vs. c-section) so I am a bit anxious.

28 weeks

Your baby is equal in weight to a Chinese cabbage -- about 2 1/4 pounds. (Length: almost 15 inches, from head to heel.)

No comments:

DJ Lil spinning the tracks


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

In honor...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones