We took her for her 18 month appointment today. According to their files, she hasn't grown even a fraction of an inch since her last checkup (in April). I find that a little hard to believe so we'll blame it on bad measuring. She measured in at 30.5 inches...a little shorty!! She is up almost two pounds though from her last appointment...25.2 pounds total. And her head measures at 18.5 inches.
Her doctor was pretty impressed with her vocabulary and said she is on the higher end of the average words kids her age have in their vocabulary. Imagine that...she's a talker...just like her dad. Does anyone remember the ultrasound picture with her mouth wide open? She was a talker from the very beginning.
Lillian's doctor also said we may need to think about transitioning her to a bed since she has started climbing...specifically, throwing her leg up over the side of the crib (I haven't seen her do that but Addison claims he has.) I'm not ready for that!! So we'll keep her where she is until she is a little more mobile.
She had to get four shots this visit...ugh! She handled it pretty well and cried for only a moment. They put four tiny bandages on her legs but once we got home, she demanded that I take them off by yelling "OFF!" until all four were gone. Strong and demanding...that's our Lil!
We celebrated her 18 month milestone on July 4th at Sand Lake. And the very next day, she decided she would take her first steps...IN the lake. I've already written about this so I'll resist bragging even more but I did want to say that there must be something about the lake because one year earlier, when she turned six months old, she sat up for the first time on the shore of Sand Lake. The girl loves the lake.
Addison and I gave her a couple little 18 month celebratory gifts including her very own microphone which she loves (although doesn't really need considering she has "found" her voice and is very capable of making sure everyone around her hears what she has to say.)











No comments:
Post a Comment