Thursday, October 1, 2009

Pay-it-forward

We've obviously been dealing with Children's Hospital a lot during Lillian's treatment. They have been great minus one issue with the car seat they let us borrow. Since that issue, they have been apologetic and overly attentive. So fast forward to Tuesday when we were there for Lil's follow up procedure. A woman from community relations wanted to check the car seat to make sure it was installed correctly. She was super nice and went over everything with us (which was the issue before...no one was able to help us with the seat when we first got it). So we go home, happy and thankful that we have a facility like Children’s practically in our backyard.

She calls later that afternoon and says that she has a rocker type seat that is specially made for babies in spica casts. It allows them to sit upright and has a table so that they can have all of their toys right in front of them. She tells me that a younger couple just brought it back to the hospital after their daughter's cast was removed. Someone had given the chair to them to use on one condition: that they pass it along to another family who can use it once they are done with it. The story goes that the chair was made by a grandfather for his granddaughter who was in a spica cast (it even has the name "Paige" painted on the back of it). He donated it to the hospital when they were done with it. I guess he makes these chairs now for those in need.

I had seen these chairs online when searching for options to keep Lil entertained. I just never pursued it thinking that they were too expensive. The lady at Children's tells me she will bring the chair to our house as long as we agree to pass it along once we are done with it. I told her we could definitely agree to that condition and would love to use it!

I can't even tell you how excited Lillian was when we put her in it. I'll let the pictures and video do the talking! I have been pretty emotional the past couple days and have cried several times just thinking about how this all played out. Once again, the kindness of strangers touches our lives...in such a wonderful, positive way.




1 comment:

tmwoller said...

Can I just say that my niece is the cutest baby EVER?! I love all the pics, but the one with Conrad in the background just makes me laugh. I can't wait to see her in her rocking chair this weekend!!

DJ Lil spinning the tracks


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

In honor...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones