Well, it all started with a visit to my dermatologist. I know, most people’s baby story starts with a visit to a different kind of doctor…but not this one! I had a follow up appointment for some acne issues I was having on my face (gross). Well, the doctor started discussing other treatment options and proceeded to ask if I was planning on trying to get pregnant any time soon. I told him that we probably would within the next several months but at that very moment, something clicked. I started to freak out. I had been taking an antibiotic and using cream on my face. If there was any chance I was already pregnant, I certainly didn’t want to do any harm to the baby.
So as I was driving home, I started to give it a little more thought which freaked me out even more. I called Addison at work and told him about the appointment. He convinced me to stop by the drug store and get a pregnancy test. He wanted me to take it that morning. I didn’t really want to take it by myself but decided to pick up a test anyway.
One positive home pregnancy test later, I called Addison to ask him to come home. He couldn’t get away from work so I had to tell him over the phone! I was crying by this point. More than anything, I was worried about any damage I might have done. Let's just say that I had a few glasses of wine a couple days earlier. Addison did his best to reassure me. As soon as I got off the phone with him, I called my OBGYN for even more reassurance. The nurse told me that everything would be just fine and that there was nothing I could do about what I took (or drank!) when I didn’t even know I was pregnant. I scheduled an appointment to have blood work done for a few days later.
I immediately drove over to Addison’s work, I just needed to see him because I knew his reaction would be positive and full of excitement. Not to say that I wasn’t excited but because of my planner/worrier tendencies, I tend to over think situations and think of all the “what ifs.” Addison was thrilled and seeing him so happy and excited made me feel more at ease. He later told me that he spent most of the day alternating between crying and driving around, yelling out of his car window that he was going to have a baby (wonder what passersby thought!).
Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment