Friday, February 13, 2009

Hoping for a miracle

We had a follow up appointment for Lillian's hip dysplasia yesterday along with an ultrasound prior. The news was not good. The Dr. didn't see the progress he wanted to see so he removed the harness. We go back for a follow up in four months but unless her hips miraculously fix themselves, she will have surgery around six months of age. She will then be in casts for six weeks, they will check her and then put her in casts again for six weeks. Then she will be put in a brace. Obviously, we are pretty upset by this news. I guess I knew it was possible that the harness wouldn't work but I just had faith in the odds. I think something like 90% of the cases are remedied by the harness.

All I can say right now is that this sucks. And I'm hoping for a miracle. Your prayers are appreciated.

2 comments:

Paul said...

She is so cute. I know that everything will turn out just fine. Love Paul

The Butcher Family said...

she is so angelic! i am sure that she will pull through just a-ok. hoping for a quick recovery. congrats again on such a beautiful little girl!

DJ Lil spinning the tracks


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

In honor...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones